Tuesday, December 13, 2011

P Day 6a


Hey y'all!  I just want to let you know that today will actually be a double header, meaning I am going to send a second email later today.  Something incredibly cool is going to happen in about 2 and a half hours from now, and I want to tell you about it.  However, I also have the time now to write, so I'll try to tell you everything I can...or whatever...you know.
    Yes Mother I did recieve my drivers licence the day before I went to San Fran.  Good thing too, because I don't know if I would have been able to return home without it.  The studies are coming well, and the French.  I had an interview with one of our zone presidents (kind of like the bishop's councellor) on Sunday.  I had to teach him a quick lesson en Francais about whatever I wanted.  He told me that I did very well, and my French is very strong.  Strong enough that if he could he would send me out to the field tommorrow...a very flattering comment.  I am glad that I still have three more weeks to prepare, because I don't know how much I agree with him ha ha.
    One of our "investigators"-Nathalie-is gettng "baptized" in a couple weeks.  Yes it isn't real, but I am still happy about that fact.  What else is new?... it is finally snowing for the first time. It has snowed over night before, but it all melted the following day.  It is a pretty big storm blowing through.  My knee was aching yesterday; I guess I know why now. 
    Elder Graham and I had our first fight.  It was a really special moment.  It really wasn't over anything, just we had a lot to do and fuses were short.  It's over now, and we are back on great terms.  Compared to the other districts, ours is getting along wonderfully.  Not that the other districts hate each other, but they have all had a yelling match.  I hope that doesn't mean our turn is coming up. 
    Oh something else.  I have been assigned as the new district leader.  Now that I am in a position of authority, I can really make some changes and get some things done!  Ha ha, not really, I mostly just hand out the mail, assign people to pick a hymn and pray for our lessons, and make sure everybody is playing nice.  I just hope all of this power doesn't go to my head.
    Anyway, Mother, or Papa, thank you so much for the package, it was really nice, and wonderful, and great, and appreciated.  In your next letter do you think you could give me the address of the mission home?  I wanted to give it to elder Graham.  It should be in the blue packet I recieved with my call. 
    Hmmm.... that's all I can think of for now, I'll write more in a few hours after that really really super cool thing happenes!  You'll find out in good time.  I love you all, and I am enjoying my time here.  I hope I can make the best of the next three weeks, so I am not completley lost when I get to France.  I miss you! Pet the Dogs for me.  Talk to you in a bit.  Oh, and I  am supposed to tell you that I won't be calling on Christmas, but i think you already knew that.  I will call in the airport.  Love you again! BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment