Monday, March 19, 2012

Aix-en-Provance

  Bonjour toute la monde!  Comment ça va?  Things are going good here.  Lots of changes, but I'll explain that latter.  Now lets start with the questions as always

    Yes, I get the smiley faces in you emails pa pa :)
    Congradulations on the move up to high priest Dad, however, I thought they only made old geezers high priests.

    In Lyon we taught la classe des amis.  It is something that exists outside of Utah where not everyone is a member.  It is just a gospel class for amis and recent converts and such.

    I didn't buy a man purse, but Zhune, the coolest Chinaman in the world gave me one (I thought I already said that, if not sorry)

    If I remember right, my title last week said "you said what?", but in a very informal manner.

    Now, on vas commencer justement qu'est-ce que se passer this last week.  Like I said, there were a lot of changes this week, and I am not really sure where to start, so I guess I'll just begin.

    Last monday we went to the doctor, and he basically said there were a lot of things wrong with Elder Bell's blood, and wanted another test done.  President Murdoch was there with us, and he said it is very likely that he will just send E. Bell home since he only has a couple weeks anyway.  So we got the results for that last blood test Tuesday, and it turns out that E.  Bell has Mono, so it was sure that he would be going home.  President called us Tuesday night and told us that E.  Bell will go to Geneva tomorrow and fly home thursday.  The other thing he said is for me to pack my bags because I was going to Aix-en-Provence tomorrow at noon as well.  So that is where I am now.  E. Bell is probably on a beach in California right now, and I am in Aix.

    My new companion is Elder Kirkpatrick.  He is from just outside of Mesa Arizona.  He is really cool, and we get along great so far.  I honestly have not taken any pictures with him yet, so you are going to have to wait for next week for pictures of him.  Sorry for not sending any yesterday either, the computer did not want to cooperate.  I'll see if this one works any better.

    Next, do not send anything to my old address, my new one is:

Elder Crossman/les missionaires
Résidence le Felibrige bât. B appt. 26
4 Place Coïmbra
13090 Aix-en-Provence France

    So how is Aix? Well Elder Barret (my new zone leader) told me this my first day, and so far I have found it to be true, "AIX EST SI FRICKIN BELLE!!!!"  Really everything just seems to be amazing here.  It is warm, sunny, beautiful streets, the people are nicer, lots of open space, not so much dog poo on the road, the amis are cool.  I love it here so far.

    My French is really progressing too, E. Kirk (we sometimes call him Captain Kirk) and I only speak French out side of the appartement, so that means I speak English only at lunch, and when we return home at 9h00 at night.  The Morning is study time so we speak French then too.  I have had several dreams in French, and I can almost always understand what people are saying, unless they are drunk or have a very thick Marseille accent.  The accent is kind of funny here, it sounds kind of spanish mixed with a little Southern US and then French... Really interesting.

    Anyway, I have to go soon.  I love you all so much! The Church is true!  As of today, I sent letters back to everyone who has written me, so if you have written me, and you don't get a letter in a week or two, it means I don't have your address. 
Again Love you all, till next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment