Monday, March 25, 2013

Yverdon 6

bonjour ma famille, comment ça va?  Bien J'espère.  Allons aux questions pour la semaine

La famille Morattel va bien, ils lisent le Livre de Mormon petit à petit, The husband doesn't have much of a desire honestly, he is atheist and fine being one.  The mother is really cool though.  Fabian was in Germany with his parents this week, so he was not able to have a rdv with us, but he did come to Young mens activity which I think he enjoyed.  The young men's president (Frère Rotterman) is really really cool.  He finished his mission about five years ago, less than that I think.  Anyway, we saw him and his wife yesterday evening and they seem to just be the perfect couple.  I know they are not perfect, but they seem to be pretty close.

We only went to Neuchâtel this week for our district meeting, and then I went on exchange to Bienne, and that was bien, I'll tell you more in the day to day.

Elder Ihalmo is doing ... kinda, he doesn't get along with his current collegue.  They are both good missionaries, they just have differences, and there are things on both sides that they could be doing better.  Elder Ihalmo can be pretty stubborn at times, I think the exchange helped him, however he will need to learn to change if he wants to get along with collegues.  It seems that there are patterns of people who generally don't get along with their companions, and people who do.  Fortunately I have gotten along great with all of my companions... well except one, but I'll tell you about that latter, he is no longer my comp.  Anyway, I do not think that it is luck of the draw where these people who don't get along just keep getting stuck with crummy comps.  I know that a couple of my companions have had reputations (none of them horrible by any means)  Yet I have loved all of them, and have learned a lot from all of them.  I tried to explain this to Elder Ihalmo... I wonder if any of it stuck.

So Elder Puairau thinks he is going this transfer, for some reason, I feel like I am leaving though.  Although one of us will stay because a zone leader whitewash never happens... except for that one time in Lausanne... but that was just because the new zone was created, so there were not zone leaders there before.  I don't know, I really like Yverdon, as far as villes go, it is not my favorite.  It is not very pretty, and it is known for being foggy and grey lots of the time which it is.  It has a few pretty spots... one pretty spot, and the countryside is pretty outside of the ville.  I really like the members.  Even though I have the feeling still of being the "new guy".  I hope Elder Puairau and I stay together.  I really like him, and besides, I do not know the ville too well to get us around without a map.   Well I have done that before.  I just hope if I stay and get a new companion he knows how to drive stick.  I have been learning, but I would rather trust someone else who has really knows.

Yes I saw Elder Leau at zone conference that was cool.  You'll see him on the photos I sent.

How have I seen people changed... was that the question, or people changed by knowing Christ?  Well, I would say the two biggest changes I have seen are in Eva (who was baptised in AIx) and Lisa (in St Etienne)  Both of them before, or when we started teaching them were much different after.  They are two different people.  Eva is really bubbly and friendly while Lisa is also friendly but really shy, or she was.  Anyway, Eva was "catholic" but wasn't too sure if God existed etc.  Her personality didn't really change, but her language did (she swore a lot before) and just, after her baptism, she had this light about here that people talk about.  She is really a cool person.  I need to write her a letter come to think about it. It has been a while now.  Then Lisa, totally opened up, and wants to help everyone, and yeah.  Before, she wouldn't talk to anyone at church or ... well she was just shy, but now she is happy and bright and ... I don't know how to put it into just a few words.  Needless to say they were both very spiritual and strengthening experiences to be a part of.

Monday:  Spent a long time on the computer watching Mormon messages and looking at photos Elder puairau has taken.  Hen we saw Cedric, the son of this old ami we started teaching again.  He is cool... in a mental hospital, but he seems pretty stable.  Apparently the missionaries have seen him before for the better part of two years.  But he has trouble remembering things.  We'll see how that develops.

Tuesday:  Did some online exam thing because there is a member of the 70 who is coming to our mission sometime.  Then we did some calls, I went to a rdv for a new apartment with a member while Elder Puairau was at a church meeting.  The apartment is for a team of sisters I think.  Anyway, the one I saw was spacious, kinda groovy in a very pleasant safe place, near the center city, but it was old, with creaky floors and kinda damp.  The ... Locataire I am not sure what that is in English.  The guy who live's there (voilà) said he is moving because of the noise.  Over all though it wasn't bad on the scale of missionary apartments. I am supposed to talk with the office today more about it.

Wednesday:  Saw The father of Cedric, Joseph, he is doing good and agreed to be baptized the 11th of April, he is making good progress.  He is about 70 years old, and has some disease that makes it very painful for him at his waist.  Then we saw Benjamin a less active who just got advanced to a priest the other day (so cool!)  He also gave a good talk in sacrament.  The work is doing really well with less actives here in Yverdon.  There have been about four or so that have started coming to church again.

Thursday:  District meeting in Neuchâtel. Then exchange to Bienne with Elder Ihalmo.  Lots of contacting.  However, we got permission to visit a member family who technically lives out of our mission (again we had presidential permission).  We had a delicious dinner of steak and potatoes and green beans (quite American) and then we had a good rdv with them.  They live in Zolikoffen which just so happens to be the town where the Swiss temple is.  After the rdv, the member asked if we would like him to show us the temple.  We happily accompanied him, and were able to see the temple.  It was really really beautiful, and the spirit of the place was so familiar.  It made me miss going to the temple.  It is honestly not enormous, four endowment rooms he said.  We didn't do a session (no permission to do that, and it was closed anyway)  I'll send a  picture.  Good evening.  I drove the car (it is an automatic in BIenne)

Friday:Lots of passbacks, did an activity for the young men, taught them how to shine shoes, iron, tie ties etc, then we had competitions for candy.  It went well

Sat_  lot s of contacting.  Saw Joseph, a less active younger brother of Benjamin who normally is cool and gangster and all that, but we made him cookies, so that warmed him up, and he let us in, and we were able to talk with him for about an hour.  Rally neat encore.

Sunday.  Great dimanche, A father and a son just wandered in and stayed for all the meetings.  Turns out he knows one of the members, but the member hadn't invited him, the guy just said he wanted to hear the word of God.  he loved church and we set a rdv with him for this week. 

Today we are going to see castles, and I got to go.  Je vous aime beaucoup, je vais vous envoyer les photos du temple, mais si je veux aller voir les chateaux aujourd'hui, il faut que je termine cet email.  Mais ça va ou bien!?!?  Le Français est bien different ici qu'en France.  oh, c'est chou et septante et les chose comme ça.  Je vous ferrai voir les accents differentes quand je rentre, elles sont rigolotes!  Pas Vrais? Ciao

PS, ce qui etait écrit dessus n'a pas trop de significance, c'est que moi en train de se taper un bon momment, ah alors je suis si naze!

No comments:

Post a Comment