Monday, July 9, 2012

Avignon 3


Salut tout le monde!, here are the answeres to the questions:
I know nothing about the tour de france... sorry, but I think the olympics will be in Paris this year right?  Or maybe London...
Yes Quansah, and his two kids came to church.  He was telling everybody that it will be his turn to be baptised in two weeks!  He is so cool.  i could see his daughter getting baptised in the next transfer or so as well, so there is lots happening here in Avignon.
There is only me and Elder Hamilton in Avignon, and our area covers all the way north to Orange (a great little city, we have worked there a few times) and all the way south to ... Arelles I think.  So it is a really big area.  Usually we work in the little villages just outside of Avignon.
Our appartement is not fixed.  we called the office  and they said they would get back to us.  We might get if fixed some time before the year ends... if they hurry.
MONDAY:Did some lovely porting.  Played a game of RISK, and walked around town.  Soldes starts this week so I didn't buy anything that day.
Tuesday:  Went to Mont Fevet to work, nothing too speciale.  Then we had an FHE with Sylvain one of the cool young people in our branch. 
Wednesday;  Worked in the morning in Villeneuve, we found a really cool mother with three kids who was interested!  wooh, there are people who want to talk to us!  What was really cool is I was imagining earlier that morning finding a young mother with black hair and three kids.. and she fit the description.  It was a really cool experience.
Then we went to le pontet where are church is, and talked to some muslims, taught our english class and taught the gospel of Jesus Christ to Quansah afterward.
Thursday:  Had the Baptismal interview for Cyprien, then I went to Aix again for exchange.  I was able to work with Elder Tulley who was in the MTC with me.  It was a fun exchange, no real big news.  I was able to talk to some of the members who were confused because they had thought I left ha ha.
Friday:  Back in Avignon in the morning to have lunch with our Branch president.  He is a little... harsh with this jokes, but I still like him.  He has like an entire orchard in his back yard, and he gave us a bunch of fruit.  We worked a bit in Orange (where he lives) then took the train back to see Frère Jeunehomme a less active member... and his cat.  We had a good talk about obedience, and he said he would come to church this week (he didn't...)
Saturday.  Weekly planning!  Then we had a baptism!  Cyprien and his cousin were baptised!  It was really cool and went smoothly.  It was my first baptism where the I didn't have to do anything, and nobody yelled at us because nothing went wrong yeah!  Really good time, Quansah and his kids came, and he was telling everyone it will be his turn soon, and his daughter was asking about baptism too!  Reallly fun.  then we had dinner with the family and played sptitunk... which is like shuffle board only you throw balls instead of.. shuffling a puck.  I believe in english it is called boules.  I also learned what hide and go seek is in french.  it is cache cache en noir.  And hide and seek tag is cache cache touche touche, it is cute isn't it?
Sunday, Church, ate, talked to lots of people, oh, and the theatre festivale started... It started saturday, but we were out of town all day.  It is now nuts here.  Tons and tons and tons of people and weirdos in costumes walking all over.  The entier city is covered in adverisements for all the plays... most of them have no nudity.  There are a group of asians who parade outside our appartement banging drums and gongs and such every few hours.  Mobs and mobs of people.  It is crazy.  P-days look like they are going to be fun ha ha.  I just need to make sure I don't get pick-pocketed.  Then that evening we taught Qwami, an african homeless guy who we have seen a few times.  He actually has a job now, so that is good, but he cancles pretty much every rdv.  He was about 35 minutes late to this one.  anyway it went well.
Another thing about the festivale, there is supposidly over .. or maybe close to 1000 productions in all of avignon.  It is huge, though most of the theaters only sit 20 to 30 people.  I don't know if we will see any or not.  There are lots of free stuff just playing on the street too, so maybe we'll look into that.
I love you all very much, and I miss you!  I love my mission and am reading my scriptures and se rapproching to the lord every day.  It is amazing to see all the little miracles that he gives us, and the big ones too.  I know that the promise "ask and you shall recieve, search and it shall be given you, knock and it shall be opened to you" is true if we ask in faith with a pure intent.  I love the poeple of avignon, even the weird theatre people.  I'll see you all next week!
Also, parents, thank you in advance for the birthday stuff, it will be well appreciated.  I am sorry to hear that robin still is feeling bad, I'll be sure to pray for her.  I love you too Bruce and Robin and Brett, and everyone else.  I don't have enough time to write all your names, but you know who you are.  Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment