Monday, July 23, 2012

Avignon 4

The lame computer logged me out again, but it is ok because I just
started writing my email this time.
Yes I have had several madelines, they are really good;

The branch president gave us appricots, peaches and figs, and we have
also gotten tomatoes and pizzas from people (how they got pizza to
grow in their garden, I do not know)

The festivale goes to the 20th I think, or one more week or something,
but it is still going on right now.  It is getting kind of annoying
now, because it is kind of interrupting the work.

I got some hot new jeans last week, but not a new suit because
european pant legs are really really tight, the waist fits me fine,
but i can barely get the pants over my legs.  We are going to look in
other stores today though, there are bigger people than me who wear
suits here, so they have to exist somewhere.

I get a weekly email from Travis still.  He is doing well, he got
transfered to northern Rostov.

Quansah is getting baptised the 28th of July, and there is something
that is really cool that happened at church.  He came to church with
his two kids as usual.  We asked him how he was, and he said fine,
except he had a "petit souci" a little problem.  He then showed us an
email from his ex-wife's lawer saying how she didn't want her kids
participating in the mormon religeon.  Now Quansah is going to have to
do some legal junk because he wants his kids to be baptised, but more
than that, he wants his kids to choose for themselves.  The cool thing
is he told us that this is just another sign that he is on the right
path, because with righeous living always comes opposition.  He is
amazing, and the most prepared person I have met on my mission so far.
I hope that the thing with his kids and ex gets worked out soon and
smoothly.

I met the president at our zone conference last teusday, and I can
write about that in the "what elder crossman has done today" part of
my email

Monday:  Taught a new lady about the plan of salvation, and she told
us about her weird buddist cult thing she was in where this guy Swami
Roberto or rodrigo or something is the reencarnated Christ, and that
how all religeons are good because they all lead to God and that the
only thing that god has ever asked us to do is be nice and lovey dovey
to everyone.  we were polite, but she was more interested in
converting us than hearingn about our message.  Very nice woman
though, and she gave us some pineapple juice that was incredible, I
wanted to ask her where she got it, but I didn't...  Then we helped a
less-active clean his appartement. After helping him we tried to teach
the word of wisdome, which he thought was "don't drink... too much,
and don't smoke... that often... and that it would be nice if you
didn't drink coffee or tea, but a little is good for you, but hard
drugs are not acceptable"  we tried to tell him that is was actually
none of any of those substances, but he didn't want to listen... sigh,
I love him though.

Teusday: Zone conference with the Roney family!  It was great and
really inspiring like all the other zone conferences I have had.  This
one though seemed to ... hmm, how do I want to describe it.  President
Roney has some very high hopes for this mission, and he is confidant
that we are going to see some great miracles ahead of us.  They
presented, or retaught about the importance of members, and "loving
people" into the church.  We talked about how to help make church, a
celestiale experience.  I really feel that great things are going to
happen, and I am excited for it.  Just pour vous dire, his goal is to
quadruple baptisms in the mission.  It is a bold goal, but God is
capable of all things, and we are going to work hard to achive it.
President Roney is really cool and down to earth, and his family is a
lot of fun too. I played catch with their youngest son and a couple
other missionaries after zone conference.

Wednesday: I was in Aix again for exchange!  we did quite a bit of
contacting, then taught English class, and taught Irma and her
daughters again, that was nice because I was not able to see them
before I got moved to Avignon, and I was able to tak e a picture with
them, so you guys will see it... eventually ha ha.

Thursday:  Went back to Avignon.  and did lots of porting ha ha

Friday:  We went to a town called Le Thor, and passed a couple people
who said they were interested a while ago, and a member, and a couple
less actives... none of them were there.  We ended up getting some
good exercize though, we probably walked over five miles.  Le Thor is
a tiny tiny country town, so we probably won't go back for a long
time.

Saturday:  Again nothing but contacting the whole day.  We were
feeling kinda down, so we decided to treat ourselves to a soda at
Subway, the only place in France with free refills.  We sat at the bar
looking out into the street trying to make people smile, figuring
spreading joy was good, and it made us feel better.  Then one of our
old amis passed by and saw us, so we started talking to him and were
able to set up a rendez-vous.  I love inspiered drink breaks ha ha.

Sunday:  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<church, quansah, the
Ughettos (the family who's kid got baptised the other week) and yet
more contacting.

I love you all very much.  I know that God lives, I also know that the
adversary is doing all that he can to keep the work from progressing.
It can be really difficult to keep going, but it is so worth it.  I
know that we really are nothing, but for some reason God still loves
us, and we are still important for him.  I know he will forgive us
whatever we do.  I wrote down a few quotes this week that I heard and
liked, and I would like to share them with you:

"Giving up is denying God's power"  --one of the quorum of the twelve
(i forget which)
"never give up, never surrender!" --galaxy quest
"Contacting is FUN!" --Elder Hamilton

I love you all.  till next week!  Keep dating everyone JJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment