Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Second P Day

11/15/2011

 might have already told you this, but my p-day is Tuesday here, they don't have everyone take the same day off.  Tuesday is actually the best day for it because P-day ends at 6:00pm, but all we do after then on Tuesday is go to a devotional.  Basically all we do on P-day is laundry, temple, and write letters.  there isn't much time for anything else.  In the temple, we can only do endowments or initiatories (I did those today, it was really cool)  or we can be a witness at a ceiling session.  We only go to the temple on P-dauy, but we go on a temple walk on sundays.  That is really nice, because you are inside here all day, and even the sidewalks are covered, so it feels like you're inside then too.  It is refreshing to see the sky...the tops of trees... clouds... and get a little sunlight. 
So the trip to San Francisco was AMAZING!!!  We had to get up at 4:30am which was pretty awful.  We got to the Salt Lake airport just before six, even though our flight departed at like 8:40.  it was 20 F ... so cold... that woke us up.  We landed in San Fran at 9:45an where we learned that we had to be at the consolate at 10:00.  Long story short, we got there around 10:30 and they still took us, and we were done before 11:00.  We had about 4.5 hours to kill afterward, so we went to Lumbard street, and took pictures.  We talked to this nice woman from Australia.  Legally we can only preach in our mission area, unless someone asks us about the church.  We didn't have a real spiritually based talk, but we told her a little about why we were there, and why we all had these funny nametags with Jesus Christ on them.  She seemed impressed that we would go on a mission.
After we went to Pier 39 and had lunch at this famous sour dough bread place, which name escapes me.  I had the clam chowder in a bread bowl.  It was really good.  yes mother, I did eat some of the bowl, I'm sorry.  Just a little though, and I have been eathing very well here.  I am actually down 7 pounds since I entered.  Anyway, while we were waiting for our food, some people recognized us as missionaries and offered to buy us lunch.  It was neat to talk to them as well.
Next we walked over to Ghiradelli square and got free peppermint half white, half milk chocolate...chocolates.  they were really good, and the sisters bought a huge peanutbutter...chocolate...icecream... ... thing.  The server sung "I left my heart in San Francisco" to them.  We left him a pass along card.
Then our driver, Edgar, took us to the Golden Gate Bridge.  We walked almost halfway down and back.  It was clear, sunny, warm, and amazing.  That bridge is really something.
However, the best part of the trip was someone we ran into and talked to while on our way to Ghiradelli square.  Guess who it was?  OK, I'll just tell you.  Casey Clyde!!! The guy who plays Elder Rogers on Best Two Years.  We talked to him and his girlfriend for quite a while.  Judging by his girlfriends apperance, they didn't look very active or Mormon, but a couple of the Elders said they saw him wearing his G's... who knows.  The are in San Francisco, they could have just been dressing for4 the weather.  we flew back and arrived back here at the good ole' MTC around 9:15 at night.  It was weird not having Elder Graham with me.  He didn't go since he is going to Africa and not France.
What else is new... we have a "new investigator"  it is really just our teachers playing a role as an investigator, but like I said before, when you are in there, the spirit makes it real.  his name is Albert, he is originally from Armenia, he loves to talk, and he is a devout orthodox Armenian Catholic.  We have only met him once, and he is really fun to talk to, but he is hard to teach, because he doesn't stop talking.

Thank you so much for the decorations!!! we are putting them up today.  you don't need to send more, what you did was pleanty.  Thank you.  Yes my turkey is special, I'll send pictures soon of my district and our room.  Travis is here, and I usually see him at lunch because we have it at the same time.  It is good to see him, and we have not done anything illegal yet... ha ha.  Dad, tell grandpa I say Hi.  Mother, thanks for picking that scripture, I really like it, and thank you for putting in the sport scores, the Elders and i like to hear them.  Finally thanks for the letters in general, it is really fun and good to hear what is going on over there.
Ok, I think I have answered all the questions.  I'll write you next Tuesday, and hopefully I'll have some time to send you pictures, and write a hand written letter.  Love you guys soo very much, and i know that I am in the right place and doing the Lord's work.  I really am happy here, and learning so much.  My French is actually pretty good.  Our teachers only speak French now and I understand what they are saying!  And I can usually say what I want to in some form or another.    Once again, Je vous aime! Bon chance avec la toutes choses, Je suis tres hereux a qui dans le MTC.  Je sais que cet eglise est vrais, et le livre de Mormon est la parole de Dieu.
Adieu, Je suis parle avec vous plus en ces semains.

No comments:

Post a Comment