Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The First P Day


11/8/2011

This is honestly a little weird typing in english, I am so used to spelling things the french way, i might make a mistake or two.  We have no access to TV or anything really.  The closest we got was in class yesterday we watched some videos on lds.org.  Oh, and Sunday after the fireside, we got to watch the Joseph Smith Movie.  That was my night on the town! 
The first few days here felt like a couple months.  However, yesterday and today have been whizzing by pretty fast. 
On Daylight savings, we forgot to set our clocks back, so we ended up waking up at 5:30 in the morning, and didn't figure out what happened until we were all ready to go ha ha.  We got about an extra half hour of sleep in our suits.  Hopefully you have got my written letter by now, if not, it will come probably tomorrow. 
Answering Mom's questions:  Mon Colleague is Great!  In French you say Colleague because if you say companion, and you are living together...they might get the wrong idea.  His name is Elder Graham as in graham cracker.  He is from Layton, and he is going to the Congo.  We are getting along wonderfully.  Yes I have my robe still. Yes I am avoiding carbs, Elder Graham has actually been helping me a lot with eating the right things.  I cannot speak French fluently, but I have given three lessons to a girl in all french so far.  She really is feeling the spirit when we teach her, but she says that while she believes the book of mormon has true principe in it, she believes that Joseph Smith wrote it.  We are planning to do a first vision lesson and have her pray about the book of mormon.  She has already said she would read it and pray about it.
I went to the temple today.  It's my first P-day, and so far it has been pretty good, nothing much to do wich makes me feel uncomfortable, because you are usually doing something all day.  I have been getting 8 hours of sleep but I am sooooooo so tired, but I have never been happier!  I love being here, and while it is really quite difficult, you get so many blessings.  During our lessons with Nathalie (our "investigator") I sometimes really struggle with the language, and Elder Graham told me just recently when that happened once, he said a quick prayer to bless me with the gift of tongues and right after I was like, "Oh Est-ce que vous avez questions quel que choses?"  ...something like that. 
 
I Miss you guys a lot, and it really feels good to get letters from you guys, so keep them coming!  JJ, that's great that you are so close to graduation, I am proud of you!  When my district when on our temple walk on Sunday, I saw lots of couples holding hands and walking together etc, and it made me wish that I could still go out with girls, so take advantage of that freedom you have Brother!!! ha ha ha... but really.  Tell Monte and Max that they are special for me.  Oh right, one thing that I wanted to ask you guys, is could you send me a few pictures?  Of anything really, you guys, the dogs, hawaii, just a couple... and I need tape, and they don't sell it here.  
 
What else to say... How are you guys doing?  OH YEAH I guess you would like to know that I am going to San Francisco on Thursday to the French Consolate.  I am supposed to report at the travel office at like 5 in the morning, so that will be fun.  I don't know if I spend the night there or not.  From what the paper says, it sounds like we'll come back either late that night or early the next morning.  I'll be sure to tell you.  Travis gets here tomorrow, maybe I'll see him at lunch or something.  I have run into a bunch of other missionaries I know.  Well I only have a few seconds left, so I better send this Love you BYE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment