Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 28th 2012

Hello!  how are you? good good, ...  me? bin, ça va, just a little french thing pa pa, we don't say "à dieu" unless we really do not think that we will see said person again in this life.  à dieu, literally means "to god".  It is kinda cool, here everyone says à demain "to tomorrow" à plus tard "to later...", au revoir "til we see each other again" etc.

answer to your question: is it hot?  YES, I carry a little towel with me in my bag to wipe my brow as it were.I was in vitrolles again a couple days ago and geeze it was hot and humid.

Monday:  wrote letters, went bowling (bowling in france is like golfing in hawaii, you just have nothing but bad luck) saw pilar and ...a recent convert... probably Irma

Tuesday:Saw eva, did lots of contacting, picked up the Elders from Nice at the gare (train station) for zone conference (One was Elder Uluave who was in the MTC with me, it was really good to get the nouvelle from him!  

Wednesday:  Zone conference!  Really inspirational, talked about our desires and improving our contacting and following up with engagements.  President Murdoch's last zone conference, so unless I get a bleu (new missionary) this next transfer, I will not see him again. He gave a wonderful talk, he and his wife.  He talked about how he has never done anything he hasn't wanted to because he has righeous desires... at least that is what he strives for.  No advice on getting married or anything haha.  Then after conference, I went to Vitrolles on exchange again, but this time I was with Elder Smedly.  So Elder Smedly cannot drive legally, so I got to drive a stick shift for the first time in my life!  I wasn't too bad, only stalled it once... going forward, I had a hard time going in reverse for whatever reason.  But it was fun to drive again, and I want a stick shift when I get back  ha ha.

Thursday:  Day two in Vitrolles, driving and teaching a few good lessons.  I was able to go to Marseille as well, so check that off the map.  Marseille was frightening, I kinda felt like I might be shot or shanked at any moment, but we taught a really awesome sincere seaker of truth who really is an élu (elect).  Very touching lesson.  I have really learned to appreciate just how easy of a life I have had.  I am so thankful that I have not had to work to make sure that we could have our baguettes at night, that I have not had to worry about whether I will eat that day, or have a bed to sleep in... Some really humbling things here, even in a assez rich part of the world.  Cigarrettes and alcohol destroy families and happiness! I am now angry at those beer commetials with everyone drinking and having a good time... Stay away from those things, they are revêche, renfrogné, néfastes, and patibulaire!  DON'T DO DRUGS!  

Got back to beautiful Aix-en-provence that night.

Friday:   Lots of contacting, taught pilar again, a great lesson on tithing.  She is totally getting baptised soon, just needs to trust in God a little bit more!  After, we taught Eva's brother François.  He ... he is a foul mouthed teenager ha ha.  Not a bad kid, but just ... has little interest in living the gospel, but he is getting more interested since his whole family is being converted.  He is cool.

Saturday:  Got some member coordonées (contact info of their friends)! wooh! those things are precious jewels that need to be taken care of, so hopefully we will see some good fruit from that.  Then saw another member family with a less-active son. The family Chipouka, Soeur chipouka is so nice, I love their family!

Sunday:  taught evas parents again, finally!  Good lesson, lots of spirit, invited them to be baptised, and they are not opposed to it, they just said they want to know more first which makes sense.  Really M Rognon (eva's father) just needs to stop smoking...and drinking... and gambling, then they will be good!  They are making great progress though, really a testimony builder of how the gospel helps families.

Monday:  Our internet place was not open yet, so we passed a cool old French historical home that is just across the street.  It was originally built for some French duke to have love affaires, then it got turned into a normal rich person's house, then a small historical art museum that is free to jeunes 25 years old and younger (score!)  No, but it was really really pretty, I took some pictures of the outside, but they were not allowed inside.

I will send pictures soon, I'll maybe send you my sd card next week because this monday we are going to play tourists, so there should be some good pictures!  

Yes I am eating... not very well this week because of lots of member visits and zone conference, and exchanges to vitrolles, but I am still exercizing.  I have actually gained a kilo, but my waist size is smaller, so I am gaining muscle baby! ... or just fat in  different places, but i think it is muscle.

Yes, I would like to do something with movies que ce soit a director, cinematographer, actor, something else... that is the dream right now anyway, but we will see.  As I have thought about what I want to do with my life, while I am in bed before falling asleep, I really want to take a shot at doing something with film, or singing.  Or food science (that sounds a lot better to you mother, doesn't it?)  I think that would be neat and really helpful to the world.  Anyway, I love you all so much, keep things groovy! 

As far as things I need... american toothpaste, good american pens, and american beef cattle jerky! Those are really the things we should be proud of, because the french versions all stink.  Yes I did get the other SD cards, thank you!  The only meat that exists here is ham... and wierd stuff like tongue, frog legs, sheep brains, a full rabbit (really the entire rabbit, except hair), and like hooves and stuff.  I am currently in the process of trying all of them.

Wonderful awesome delicious recepie:  boil entire asparagus stems so they are very soft. For the last couple minutes you are boiling the asparagus throw in some whole or half strawberries. strain water, add shredded hard-boiled eggs, butter and sour cream for the sauce( just put the butter and the sour cream on the asparagus and let the heat from them melt it.  ENJOY! 
que la force soit avec vous tous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment